Thursday, October 25, 2007

All In A Day's Work

Photo: Bean on the Job

Dear Derek,

It has come to my attention recently that you would like to know a little more about what I do. My job at this company, has many facets, but one that few animals (and people for that matter) realize is that of Feline Quality Assurance Engineer(FQAE). It is my job to test everything. Now I like to think I am very proactive, since most times I test things before I am even asked.

In the photo featured above, I am testing a miniature grocery shopping cart for you Derek. It is a good thing I did because it worked well for you when you last came to visit. It turns out that you sometimes conduct quality assurance yourself. For instance, the ladle that you tested by chasing me around and around the headquarters of Carrier Industries. Good job Derek, good job.

I hope this gives you a good idea of the responsibilities of a FQAE. Thank you for your inquiry Derek.

Sincerely,
Bean
Feline Quality Assurance Engineer
Carrier Industries

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Bean,

I feel very under appreciated at my job. My recent reviews do not reflect the quality of my efforts at work.

Sincerely,
Millie Von Winkle

Anonymous said...

Bean, you're amazing. We all appreciate the good work you do.

karin said...

Bean,
Ali keeps toys at her house for a nephew that lives in AZ? I am impressed. And I am glad that is sturdy, the boys will be getting one.

My name is Bean said...

Dear K&B Brown,

I would be happy to endurance test any number of toys and miscellaneous items for your children. Safety first, fun second.

Sincerely,
Bean

Anonymous said...

Dear Beans,

While I appreciate the fact that you are very proactive with your testing I am somewhat disappointed in your reports. They are almost always late if submitted at all and often do not hold all of your findings. It seems to me that you would rather spend your free time "testing" your ability to fling water than completing your administrative duties.

Further, at Bell, Inc., I not only test all products for quality by chewing on them, but I also must herd 3 to 4 dogs at any one time. It is difficult for me to get my work done when I must sit on the coffee table and smack dogs on the head all day.

Sincerely,

Paul Groeniger

PS. I have never had to be hit with the hittin' spoon. I have however, suffered unjustly from "Love Time Out"

My name is Bean said...

Dear Paul,

I don't think that you get to judge from where you sit. I get to fling water consider it to be part of my job. If my sources are correct, you get shoved off of nearly all surfaces, including kitchen tables by all your humans and get nasty ear bathes from your dogs.

Not Sincerely,
Bean